Today I want to share a super simple little DIY felt bow tie I created last year for a Little Professor's birthday party. Each guest received a plain white t-shirt that we added a little bow tie to.
All you need is:
- A rectangle of felt measuring 4" wide x 2.75" tall (the bow)
- A strip of felt measuring 1" wide x approximately 2.5" tall (the center of your bow)
- Hot glue gun
- Pinch or the top and bottom into the center of your "bow piece" and glue. Be careful not to burn yourself. It only takes a second for the glue to set.
- Starting in the back side of your bow, attach your "center strip", then wrap around the front and attach in the back.
- Add your pin with enough glue that it is secured. I made sure the glue came up through the holes a bit and let dry.
Here is what our Little Professors looked like.
"Little Professor Party" as seen in Carousel Party Magazine. Credits: Photography by Sarah and Brad, Printables by Pamela Smerker for D & P Celebrations, Favor Boxes by Pamela Smerker Designs, Cakes and Sweets by Astonishing Cakes
I hope you like the GIF tutorial and find a fun use for these simple bow ties.
All the best,